Standard Operatinog Procedure (SOP) for Resolving Complaints that Provide for Equitable and prompt Resolution of Disablity-Related Complaints.
Department: GRTA Transportation Operations Section and Third Party Contractors.
Purpose: To equitably and promptly resolve disability related complaints.
- All complaints must be in written form and submitted to the Executive Manager to the following address: Guam Regional Transit Authority,
Hagatna, Guam 96932
Or fax to
- All complaints shall be processed promptly and discussed for resolution within three (3) days, but no longer than 5 days from the date and time the complaints are received by GRTA’s Transporation Supervisor (TS).
- The complainant shall fill out Part 1. Complainant Information of the attached GRTA Consumer Complaint Form by indicating their full name, current, address, and contact numbers.
- The complainant shall write out Part II. Nature of Complaintby describing in detail the nature of complaint and by indicating the exact date and time of the incident. The complainant shall also indicate the full name and contact numbers of any witnesses who observed the incident.
- The complainant shall fill in Part III. Operational information by specifying the exact date and time of the incident, the vehicle plate number, the driver full name, and the service component that is involved in the incident: GRTA administration, dispatch, paratransit, fixed route.
- GRTA Staff Shall answer Part IV. Findings and Course of Action Taken by investigating and gathering information of the incident from GRTA third party contractors. GRTA’s TS shall indicate the detailed results of the investigation in the findings section of Part IV. In addition, GRTA’s TS shall describe in detail the decision on the investigation inside the box with the heading Course of Action Taken.
- GRTA Staff who takes the complaint shall sign the box with the heading Name of Person Taking Complaint.
- GRTA Staff shall indicate the correct date and time, when the incident was reported to the third party contractors.
- GRTA Staff shall provide the finding and decision to GRTA’s Executive Manager for review and approval prior to completing Part V. Status. Upon approval of the GRTA’s Executive Manager, GRTA’s TS shall acknowledge that the complaints was resolved and indicate the exact date and tie, when it was resolved;
- Should the complainant be unsatisfied with the outcome of an investigation conducted by GRTA, the Grievance Review and Appeals Board (GRAB) will serve as the appealing forum. GRAB will analyze the facts of the case and will issue us conclusion to the appellant according to their procedure.