Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) in Monitoring the Service Provider’s Compliance with FTA Drug and Alcohol Testing Program
Department: GRTA and Transit Service Providers
Scope: This Standard Operating Procedure applies to GRTA transit Service Providers
Purpose: GRTA to conduct FTA Drug and Alcohol Program Oversight to the transit service providers in accordance with 49 CFR Pan 40. To properly maintain documentation of the oversight (49 CFR655.81), GRTA employs the “FTA Drug Abuse and Alcohol Misuse Testing Program Sub-recipient Program Compliance Checklist.”
- GRTA service providers conduct random drug and alcohol testing quarterly. Accordingly, GRTA will conduct D & A testing program oversight meeting right after the receipt of all transit providers random testing results. The schedules of oversight are as follows: January 30th, April 28th, July 31stand October 30thof each year.
- The participants of the quarterly meeting will be the Drug and Alcohol Testing Program Managers of Kloppenburg Enterprises, Inc., Guam Sanko Transportation, Inc., and Micronesian Hospitality, Inc. which will be held at the GRTA Administration Office conference room;
- Every quarterly oversight meeting, GRTA will check mark "Yes” or ,”No” on each of thequestion in all the D & A compliance categories of the “FTA Drug Abuse and Alcohol MisuseTesting Program Sub-recipient Program Compliance Checklist” such as: Policy Statement, Policy Dissemination, Pre-Employment Administrative Requirements, Employee Education &Training, etc.;
- Any questions of the oversight categories that were not complied with during the lastquarterly oversight will be look over during the following oversight meeting to make surethat the transit providers have corrected the deficiencies;
- In addition, should there be clarifications needed to be conveyed to all transit providersregarding the FTA D & A testing program requirements, GRTA will clarify the requirementsto all transit providers;
- GRTA will properly develop a confidential filing system for the quarterly oversight checklists and other related confidential D & A testing documents. The filing cabinet drawers should be labeled confidential on the outside. The files should be located in a secured filing cabinet inside the Chief Planner Office. The Chief Planner has the only access to those quarterly oversight files.