HOW OPERATORS ASSIST PASSENGERS
Our operators can help you with
- getting from your door or designated stop location to the paratransit vehicle.
- getting in and out of the vehicle. If you are unable to use the bus steps, you may stand on the bus lift platform to get on and off.
- depositing your fare, if requested.
- fastening seat belts and securing wheelchairs and scooters.
- getting from the paratransit vehicle to the entry door or the designated stop location at your destination.
- If requested, operators will assist customers with manual mobility devices by:
- pushing and guiding you to/from the vehicle, on/off the lift platform of the vehicle, and inside the vehicle
- moving you and your device up or down a single step or a curb when it can be done safely
For safety reasons, operators are not permitted
- to engage in conversation with customers while driving. If you have questions during your bus ride, the Operator will gladly respond; however, do not distract the operator with a conversation.
- to leave the bus unattended. Do not ask them to pick up mail or packages for you.
- to operate the controls of any powered mobility device, handle a service animal or enter a private residence
For efficiency of shared-ride service, operators are not permitted to wait while you “just go in for a minute.” If you need a quick stop, tell the Scheduler when you book your ride and they will schedule another bus for your pick up.