HOW OPERATORS ASSIST PASSENGERS
Our Bus Operators can assist you with:
- Getting from your door to the designated stop location to the paratransit vehicle.
- Getting in and out of the vehicle. If you are unable to use the steps, you may stand use the lift/ramp provided to get on/off the vehicle
- Depositing your fare, if requested
- Fastening seat belts and securing wheelchairs and scooters
- Getting from the paratransit vehicle to the entry door or the designated stop location at your destination.
- If requested, operators can assist riders with manual mobility devices by:
- Pushing and guiding you to/from the vehicle, on/off the lift platform of the vehicle and inside the vehicle
- Moving you and your device up or down a single step or curb when it can be done safely
For safety reasons, Operators are NOT PERMITTED to
- Engage in conversation with riders while driving. If you shall have any questions during your bus ride, the operator will gladly respond; however, do not distract the operator with a conversation.
- To leave the bus unattended. Do not ask to pick up mail or packages for you.
- To operate controls of any powered mobility device, handle a service animal or enter a private residence or business establishment.
- Wait while you “just go in for a minute”. If you need a quick stop, tell the scheduler when you book your ride and they will schedule another bus for your pick up.
- Load items onto the bus for you (i.e., groceries, shopping bags, boxes larger than what can fit on your lap.