- All riders and the general public shall be given an opportunity to file a complaint regarding Guam Regional Transit Authority’s (GRTA) transit operations and related functions. Complaints may be filed by telephone, email or in person.
- Once GRTA accepts the complaint for investigation, the complainant and the respondent will be notified in writing of such determination within ten (10) business days. The complaint will receive a case number and will be logged in GRTA’s records identifying its basis and allegations.
- In cases where GRTA assumes the investigation of the complaint, GRTA will provide the respondent with the opportunity to respond to the allegations in writing. The respondent will have ten (10) duty days from the date of GRTA’s written notification of acceptance of the complaint to furnish a response to the allegations.
- GRTA’s Investigator shall conduct a thorough and objective investigation utilizing all available resources. The investigator will prepare an investigative report for review by GRTA’s Executive Manager.The report shall include a narrative description of the incident, identification of persons interviewed, findings, and recommendations for disposition.
- Upon issuance of a decision by the Executive Manager, GRTA will notify all parties within 30 calendar days from the initial submission of the complaint.
- The Grievance Review and Appeals Board will serve as the appealing forum to a complainant who is not satisfied with the outcome of an investigation conducted by GRTA. The Review Board will analyze the facts of the case and will issue its conclusion to the appellant according to their procedures within 30 calendar days that it was presented the appeal.
- GRTA’s legal counsel will review the Executive Manager’s determination before it is provided to the concerned parties. In the event that the complaint is brough before the Grievance Review and Appeals Board, the legal counsel will also be required to review the Board’s decision prior to a response is given to the complainant and the respondent.